(Hopefully, 3rd year MBBS)
To whom it may concern
Winters. Holidays. Razai.
I should write something. It’s about time you know. Let’s break the block.
What should I write about?
*racks the brain*
It’s been two years Alhamdulilah. Two well spent years.
Oh man, It was one not-so- smoooooooooooth journey. The academic session lasted for six months and the remaining six months were ruled by prof season.
*this is how I feel at the end of sophomore year!*
Let’s not get into the details of this year because frankly I do not remember half of the stuff that happened:P I think I am just going to write down some of the random lessons I learnt this year which might help my juniors.
- NEVER TRY TO DECIDE SPORTS WEEK COLOR AND THEME ON Facebook-GROUP. JUST BUY A DRESS ACCORDING TO THEME/COLOR DECIDED BY THE CLASS REPS.
*trying to reach a conclusion on fb-group discussion*
- YOU HAVE SPENT MORE THAN A YEAR HERE OKAY BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN NOW TRUST PEOPLE BLINDLY. NOT UNLESS YOU WANT TO END UP AS THE 'BAD GUY'.
- WHEN SOMEONE WHO HAS NEVER TEXTED YOU IN AGES SAYS HI AND SUDDENLY ASKS FOR A FAVOUR, ALWAYS CHOOSE THE SAFEST ANSWER
*The safest answer*
- ALWAYS REVISE THE SEND UP QUESTIONS. NEVER THINK ANATOMY PEOPLE CANNOT REPEAT THE VERY SAME QUESTIONS IN THE PROF PAPER. I REPEAT: ALWAYS REVISE
*Ooooh the same paper. The same questions.Yayayaya.*
*okay so ummm the answer is…ummm…oh yeaah… no wait…ummm…why didn't I revise this…killmepliss*
- IF YOU KNOW THE SPOTTING, BE PREPARED TO REPEAT AND RE-REPEAT AND RE-RE-REPEAT IT A MILLION TIMES BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS GOING TO BE LIKE:
- IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO WORK IN THE OLD AUDITORIUM FOR ANY EVENT, WORK ON YOUR FAKE SMILE. THE NAILS POINTING OUT OF THE CHAIRS WILL RIP YOUR CLOTHES AND PEOPLE WILL LAUGH. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.
*Trying to laugh at yourself with everyone else*
- IF YOU HAVE A THING FOR DISSECTION AND ANATOMY, NO AMOUNT OF WATER OR PERFUME OR BODY SPRAY CAN STOP YOU FROM SMELLING LIKE A BUCKET FULL OF FORMALIN.
*le me trying to kill the formalin stench*
- IF YOU HAVE NO FASHION SENSE, PEOPLE WILL JUDGE YOU. IF YOU ARE WELL DRESSED, PEOPLE WILL JUDGE YOU. SO DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME TRYING TO CARE
.*Le me trying to pay heed to people*
- IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO ENTER THE DISSECTION HALL/LAB ONLY AT THE TIME OF ATTENDANCE, WORK ON YOUR RUNNING SKILLS. THEY CAN START AND END THE ROLL CALL IN A BLINK.
*running towards the DH for dear attendance*
- NEVER GET ACQUINTED WITH TEACHERS IF YOU ARE NOT THE ‘STUDIES-FOR-EVERY-SUBSTAGE-STAGE-TEST’ KIND.
- IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU HAVEN’T STUDIED GUYTON FOR YOUR PHYSIOLOGY PROF. JUST.DO.NOT.DARE.TO.WEAR.THE.WRONG.COLOUR TO YOUR PHYSIO VIVA!
*Trust me this is the reaction you’ll get from the examiner if you are not dressed good enough for physio viva*
- IF YOU WANT TO SPEND YOUR POST-PROF HOLIDAYS HAPPILY, DO NOT CALCULATE YOUR MCQS’ MARKS FROM THE ANSWERS GIVEN ON THE FB GROUP.
*Counting my wrong mcqs*
- ALWAYS KEEP YOUR CALM. NEVER LOSE YOUR TEMPER WITH COLLEAGUES. LET THE VEIN IN YOUR HEAD POP.
*trying to deal with people*
- Last but not the least, the damage is done people! Never regret. Always move forwards.
*For all those people who helped me in learning these lessons for life*