FCPS Part 1 Guidelines for Anaesthesiology
By Dr.Anum Anwar (batch 2006-2011)
Syllabus is available on facebook group FCPS Anaesthesiology.
Books Need To Be Read;1. Physiology from BRS (two readings should be given)
2. Anatomy from Snells Review
3. Neuroanatomy from Kaplan (if you have time read chapter of spinal cord and tracts from Snells Neuroanatomy; From paper 2 point of view Neuroanatomy is very important. Half of anatomy mcqs come from Neuroanatomy in paper 2).
4. Pharmacology from Kaplan ( read anaesthetic drugs from Anaesthesia text books of Smith or Morgan).
5. Pathology from BRS ( do only general patho; no need to do special patho )
6. Physics from Basic physics for Anaesthesists by Parbrooks ( do selected topics from syllabus available from CPSP )
7. Embryo from High Yield
8. histology and general anatomy too ( just only major topics discussed in mcqs)
9. First aid (for comprehensive review)
MCQ Books:1. Chandkans ( complete)
2. Asim & Shoaib ( I have done Medicine; pay concentration on Pharma MCQs more)
3. Murad ( pay concentration on Anaesthesia part)
4. Azeem Sheikh mcqs
5. Yadav MCQs ( if u have time; do Anaesthetic drugs)
6. Do past papers available on net
CONFIRM THE ANSWERS GIVEN IN KEYS BY SEARCHING FOR THEM FROM BOOKS OR INTERNET