VOICE OF FIRSTULAS.
By Umer Hassan (1st year)
I reckon, most of you will agree with my thoughts of being a firstula(except a few ultimate theetas xD). Its aint an easy task to jot all this in Anatomy lecture theatre, while shaking head, pretending to be attentive during the boring lectures of cell module(well for sure I wont jot the name of Professor, otherwise it might create problem...LoL) Anyways, I couldnt resist my thoughts and I had to jot all this. Trust me, I had to.... xD
●DREAMS AND FANTASY:- Well, as a matter of fact....indeed its the place that is a part and parcel of prayers of many Fsc students(for the sake of admission of course). Domes of the Patiala block swirling in their dreams and a desperate urge to be absorbed in the "Creme de la creme"(as they call it xD). Hence, they work hard and study smart to mark the acme of their achievements. Obviously, they have certain expectations associated with this place and trust me, these are inevitable. Alas! most of them get abashed, when they really step into this ,"OPEN ENVIRONMENT"(Please take the sarcasm xD). Anyways, being the son of a kemcolian, I had a notion of all this stuff and so I myself was'nt really surprised. Now lets open the PANDORA BOX and jot the reasons, why firstulas get shocked.
● SHOCKED? Really?
• First and foremost shock:-"The Hostel" xD. After showing commendable performance, newbies expect a lavish living standard from the university/govt. Etc or if not lavish, at least a comfortable stay. Real shock is when they get to know that, 6 persons will be accomodated in each dormitory of Ancient Broom hostel xD. Thanks to government, noise of orange train construction is a complimentary gift for us. That noise!!!! Ahh.
WASHROOMS further epitomise the shock. Common washroom of floor. Clean and shiny tiles! #iykwim. Bathrooms lacking basic sanitary(like the shower cap) etc.
• University life:- These innocent newbies expect that they will also be chilling like their arts friends, posting status updates with hashtag unilife xD but they get abashed to know that they have entered into a plethora of sub stages,stages,modules and after 5 years, CIP is also there to welcome them... LoL
• Saturday is always on ( How absurd -_-!) "Kya ye khula tezaad nahi?"
• Feeling of an uneducated person in class. Utterly unknown of what the hell is going on :'(
Magical sedation of Anatomy LT further exacerbates the situation.
● BLESSINGS IN DISGUISE:-
Well, dont curse me showing the negative aspects only. Relax relax..... we have also witnessed the bright side. Here we go:-
• SENIORS:- The best thing about KEMU. Im the person who has been ragged the most uptill now in whole first year. Yup.... thats damn true, but the fact is that after the so called," interaction" seniors get extremely cooperative and supportive. There are countless seniors whom I rever as well as love. Thanks to Hamza Ashraf bhai(2nd year) xD as he is the man who pushed to me to jot this stuff.
• HOSTEL:- There is also a bright side of hostel xD for example the 24/7 canteen, squash court etc. Mess is no doubt hygienic and the food is good enough(Mess timing sucks though)
• CHILL:- Well, as far as my personal observation is concerned, one can go through the daily lectures and still can find time for excursion and hangout....( though our current focus is solely on excursion :P)
Abridging my point, in our 2 weeks stay uptill now, we have tasted a sweet and sour salsa, an amalgam of mood swings and yeah at the moment we are like a pendulum vibrating between 2 extremes. One is HOME SICKNESS and the other is utter CHILL and excursion. I urge you all to pray for us (FIRSTULAS xD) to perpetuate the rest of our journey at the mean position. That pretty much sums it up!