"Never Let Momma Eat Beans(60, 30, 6, 3, 1)
Symptoms of Grave's disease.. GOITRE
Irritability/Intolerance to heat
Microcytic anemia: causes
"Find Those Small Cells"
Murmurs: innocent murmur features 8 S's:
Sounds (S1 & S2) normal
Special tests normal (X-ray, EKG)
Standing/ Sitting (vary with position)
Pheochromocytoma = The 10% Tumor :
10% occur in children
Mnemonic for Cushing Syndrome
C - Central obesity, Cervical fat pads, Collagen fibre weakness ..
U - Urinary free cortisol and glucose increase
S - Striae(Broad volacious striae), Suppressed immunity
H - Hypercortisolism, Hypertension, Hyperglycemia, Hypercholesterolemia, Hirsutism
I - Iatrogenic (Increased administration of corticosteroids)
N - Noniatrogenic (Neoplasms)
G - Glucose intolerance, Growth retardation
Broca's vs. Wernick's area: effect of damage to speech center >>>
"(Bro)ca": your speech machinery is (Bro)ken.
· BROKA is wanting to speak, but articulation doesn't work, and very slow.
"Wer-nick": "were" and "nick" are both words of English language, but together they are nonsensical.
· Wernick is having good articulation, but saying words that don't make sense together.
The classic signs and symptoms of Parkinson disease are often remembered by the mnemonic TRAP :
* T-remor at rest (is the most apparent and well-known symptom) ..
* R-igidity (lead-pipe rigidity) or (cogwheel rigidity) ..
* A-kinesia (actually Bradykinesia which is slowness of movement is
better description for the early stage ) ..
* P-ostural instability (typical in the late stages of the disease, leading to
impaired balance and frequent falls) ..
Take a moment to type away your own mnemonics for the assistance of all ! :)
- Other Apps